So, following on from our principles of conditioning, its time to throw you a few basic exercises. The principles of this are going to be:
- Full-chain connectivity
- Power (strength and speed)
So, without further ado, I’d like to suggest a little starter for the season, just 3 days a week, that will give you a decent foundation to build on, just 3 times a week at the gym. Try this for a few weeks and let us know how you get on! Enjoy!
[blue]Monday – CV – Interval Rowing[/blue]
- 6x500m at 1.45/500m. 1.30 min rest between sets. If you haven’t done much rowing before, its unlikely you’ll be able to maintain that pace for all 6 sets, but keep it as something to aim for.
[blue]Wednesday – Kettle Bell training[/blue]
- 40 mins, 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off.
- 10 mins each of: 2-handed swing; Snatch, Left Hand; Snatch, Right Hand; 2-handed swing. See videos at the Bottom
[blue]Friday – Cross-fit[/blue]
- Jump lunges (weighting optional) – 60 seconds
- 1 arm kettle bell swings – 60secs
- Bodyweight squats – 60 seconds
- Lateral hops (height obstacle optional)
- 1 legged Romanian dead-lifts – 60 seconds
- Rest for 3 minutes and repeat.