For the BASI level 1 and 2 course you will need your own skis and boots for the duration of the course and believe us, if you don’t already own your own equipment you will find your skiing comes on in leaps and bounds as soon as you invest in it.
- For instructors looking to book onto the level 3 or 4 course we have a few different skis that we would recommend and to make things easier (and cheaper!), every Altitude Futures Gap student will benefit from the Ski instructor pro-deal with Rossignol which offers up to 40% discounts on equipment. You can order your equipment in advance of the course, so it is ready for you when you arrive.
- We also have a deal with SunGod based in Verbier, offering discounts of 30% on their range of goggles and sunglasses perfect for your winter on the slopes; they’re a huge hit with all our instructors.
Fitness for the winter season is something we all struggle with after the summer, so you’re not alone if you’re wondering whether you’ll be able to keep up! You’ll find your fitness improves rapidly during training on the course, but working on this in advance of the course can be a huge advantage.
- You find it easier to improve your technical skiing and enjoy the course right from the start.
- Initially focus on improving your cardiovascular fitness and then some specific leg strengthening exercises.
- Remember to do some stretching as well.
Our course coordinator will be sending out some advice during the preseason months to help you prepare well for the appropriate course.