BASI ISIA Work and Train Course
| Ski | Verbier, Zermatt, Klosters, Gstaad |
Our popular ‘work and train’ Level 3 BASI course is open to anyone who has already achieved their BASI 1 and 2 qualifications or equivalent. This course allows you to train towards your level 3 exams while working within our ski school for the peak weeks of the season. Working and training within our established ski school means that you will not only benefit from expert training, but also will enable you to work towards the 200 hours of teaching you need for your BASI level 3, gaining invaluable experience whilst working alongside our experienced team.
Not sure if your qualifications are enough?
We are an Official BASI affiliated training partner
SIXTEEN Free Training Places!
To celebrate our 20 year anniversary Altitude Ski School would love to give back to those that make us great, our ski instructors! So for next season we will be offering 16 instructors the opportunity to join us on a ‘free’ work and train program. This will include 100 hours of free training towards the ISIA and a part time Job working with Altitude in one of our 4 top ski resorts!
GOOD NEWS – There has been an extension of the deadline and a few spaces still remain available.
If you might be interested then please email email@example.com and let us know the following:
- Which resort you would be keen to apply to > Verbier, Zermatt, Gstaad or Klosters
- (Unfortunately Verbier’s free places have all been taken, a couple of spaces remain please email or call for more info)
- What makes teaching skiing wonderful?
- If you ran a ski school, what would be your USP?
- Short covering letter indicating why we should choose you.
- Please also include your updated CV
Dates and Prices
|COURSE (WITH PRE-SEASON ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT)||COURSE ONLY
If you already have place to stay
|Verbier, Zermatt, Klosters, Gstaad|
|From 1st December 2019 until 11th April 2020|
What is included?
Altitude employs ISIA trainees on a part time basis and provides students with a uniform and work permit. Work is during the holiday weeks of Christmas and New Year, Half Term Holiday weeks in February and the Easter Holidays.
- 200 hours of training
- Training from BASI Level 4’s, BASI Trainers and Swiss Federal Qualified Instructors
- Develop performance in Piste, Bumps, Variables and Steeps
- Maximum of 8 trainees per group
- Pre Course Fitness Plan
- Personal BASI mentor
- Individual Video analysis sessions
- Mountain safety training
- Off-Piste Ski Touring
- Race Training
- Optional ski specific yoga sessions
- Join the Altitude Ski School Formation Week
- Job with Altitude Ski School
- Swiss Work permit
- Free Altitude Uniform
- Futures Hoody
- Pro-deals on equipment with Rossignol and SunGod Goggles
- Weekly team socials
After completing the course
What happens next?
On successful completion of the work and train program you are very likely to reach the required level to sit and (fingers crossed) pass your BASI 3 exam. With many years of experience preparing students for all levels of BASI exams we are very confident that and our team will provide you with the tools to become a great ski instructor, however please be aware the reach the required level to pass these exams will require significant effort and your development and improvements will also be largely down to the effort and commitment you make throughout the course.
Our team will be there to support you and give you the best possible chance of success!
We provide all our students with career advice and support throughout the course, however following completing this program many instructors go on to work full time with Altitude in one of their schools in Switzerland.
Extra cool things to do
See what other things can be done in and around Verbier