ISIA - BASI Level 3
Altitude has 14 years experience training hundreds of students for all levels of BASI exams. We provide 200 hours of top quality coaching to prepare you for the BASI Level 3 ISIA exams and the opportunity to work with Verbier’s largest British ski school.
There will be a maximum of 10 people per group and each person will have their own experienced and dedicated mentor. The mentor will assess each person on an individual basis and construct a personal development program.
The ISIA package also includes the opportunity to work as a part-time instructor for Altitude Ski School.
The futures training team includes BASI trainers, BASI Level 4’s, ex Ski Racers, Demo Team members, Swiss Patents and Italian Maestro’s. You will benefit from expert training with skiers from different systems which will ultimately help you to become an all round stronger skier.
Altitude is an official BASI affiliated training partner.
- Developing performance in the 4 strands – Piste, Bumps, Variables and Steeps
- Teaching tools and techniques for level 3
- Use of Video Analysis
- Mountain safety, transceiver searches, navigation, snowpack assessment, route selection and skinning
- Practical Teaching Experience
- Customer Care
- Apres-Ski (Pub Mont Fort discount card)
- Train with Verbier’s most successful ISIA training program
- Free Salomon uniform
- Option to include accommodation
- Sought after Futures clothing
- Win a job for the following season (if you are awarded the King or Queen of the ISIA/L4 course)
These are all aimed preparing you to passing the BASI Ski Instructor level 3 exams (except maybe the apres-ski!).
Altitude employs ISIA trainees on a part time basis and provides students with a uniform and work permit. Work is during the holiday weeks:
- Christmas/New Year
- Half Term weeks in February
- 09:00 – 10:20 Developing short radius turns
- 10:20 – 10:30 Drinks Break
- 10:30 – 12:00 Continue with Development
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:25 Developing different ways to change edges
- 14:25 – 14:35 Drinks Break and review
- 14:35 – 16:00 How to increase edge angles in short radius turns
- 17:00 – 18:00 Video Debrief and Lecture
BASI, CSIA, PSIA level 2, APSI, Swiss Snowsport level 1 or similar.
Dates & Prices
|Course||Level 3 ISIA|
|Start Date||2nd December 2018|
|End Date||13th April 2019|