Basi GAP course in Verbier
Our courses are aimed at skiers and snowboarders who are competent on red runs and above. This course is a 10-week program, and is primarily a practical on-snow course with some evening lectures covering various teaching, technical and safety topics.
Coaching is Monday to Friday with the weekends generally free, though this may occasionally change due to weather conditions.
Altitude is an official BASI affiliated training partner.
Training for 7 weeks of this course is delivered by top coaches employed directly by Altitude the other 3 weeks of this Gap course are delivered by BASI Trainers supplied and approved by BASI under our BASI Partner Agreement..
- High-Performance Skiing or Snowboarding
- The Fundamental Elements of Skiing or Snowboarding
- Teaching Tools & Techniques
- Use of Video Analysis
- Mountain Safety
- Practical Teaching Experience
- Customer Care
- Guaranteed work opportunities (available to the 10 best performers)
- Train and work with Verbier’s largest British school
- Chance to win CHF 1000 spending money, ski’s and ski instructor job (King of the GAP Course).
These are all geared up towards passing the BASI Ski/Board instructor level 1 and 2 courses (except maybe the apres-ski!).
Week 1: Resort orientation and team building, assessment of your skiing/boarding and creation of an action plan for your development throughout the course. You will also get to meet the rest of the school, find the best bars and have a chance to settle in.
Week 2: First aid course and technical skiing/boarding development. Improve your skiing or snowboarding in all areas; piste, moguls, steeps and off-piste.
Week 3: Level 1 BASI Instructor Course. Training of your technical skiing and introduction to teaching.
Week 4: Teaching theory and development. Use of teaching tools and techniques and teaching practice.
Week 5 & 6: Practical teaching and ski/board school experience. Work with instructors from our ski/snowboard school.
Week 7: Individual skills development.
Week 8: Pre-assessment preparation. Final training before the level 2 exam, which will is tailored to each individual.
Week 9 & 10 : BASI level 2 Ski / Snowboard Instructor Exam.
- 09:00 – 10:20 Technical Development
- 10:20 – 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30 – 12:00 Continue with Development
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:25 Teaching Practice
- 14:25 – 14:35 Coffee Break and review
- 14:35 – 16:00 Tactical Decisions in Moguls
- 17:00 – 18:00 Video Debrief and Lecture
- 19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
On successful completion of the course, you will have gained your BASI level 1 and 2 ski or snowboard instructor qualification. The BASI qualifications are recognised worldwide and allow you to teach in a whole host of countries including: America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
The Altitude Futures GAP course includes half board accommodation which consists of breakfast and a 2 course evening meal Monday to Friday. The accommodation will be in chalets or apartments with 2 to 3 sharing a room and located within walking distance of the main lifts and town centre.
Single room occupancy is available on some of the courses at an extra charge. Please contact Laura on email@example.com for details.
Example Menu for a week:
- Monday:Spaghetti Bolognaise and Cheesecake
- Tuesday: Poached Salmon with Fresh Vegetables and Strawberries and Ice Cream
- Wednesday: Vegetable Stir Fry and Fresh Fruit Salad
- Thursday: Roast Lamb and all the trimmings and Banana Custard
- Friday: Chicken Curry and Lemon Sorbet
- Vegetarian and other dietary requirements are also catered for.
- The Altitude Futures course is available without accommodation and food, however we recommend everybody to use the accommodation provided as Altitude views being part of a team as very important.
- Single room occupancy is available.
- Possibilities to stay before or after the course.
Please contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Prices
|Course||Level 1&2 Gap||Level 1&2 Gap||Off-Piste Gap|
|Discipline||Ski||Ski||Ski & Snowboard|
|Start Date||2nd December 2018||6th January 2019||6th January 2019|
|End Date||9th Febuary 2019||16th March 2019||16th March 2019|
|Price||£ 8,795 (Discount of £250 if booking before end of May).||£ 8,795 (Discount of £250 if booking before end of May).||£ 8,795 (Discount of £250 if booking before end of May).|
- Over 200 hours of on snow coaching
- Half board accommodation
- BASI membership and all course fees
- 40 hours of lectures and debrief
- Equipment deals
- Practical teaching experience
- Full season lift pass
- Mountain safety and first aid courses
- 24 hour support in resort
- Discount cards for local bars and clubs
- Highest pass rates in the Alps
- Transfers included
- Discounts on equipment- skis, boots, avalanche packs, goggles
- Work opportunities after the course
- Off snow video debriefs
- Half board accommodation in 3* Chalets
- Associate BASI membership
- Level 1 course fees
- Level 2 course fees
- BASI Manual and course material
- Ski and board maintenance clinic
- Career advice seminar
- Welcome drinks
- Biomechanical analysis and assessment
- Ski specific physical training
- Race training
- 24 hour support in case of emergencies
- Individual mentor to develop training plan
- Psychological preparation for exams
- Internet access
- Mountain avalanche safety course
- Sought after Futures hoody
- Child protection module
- BASP first aid course
- End of course party
- Professional references
- Access to Altitudes network of industry contacts
- Team photo
- Trips away
- Social events and functions
- Equipment (deals available – up to 50% off)
- Spending money
- Single room occupancy
- Private or group French lessons with Verbier Language School
- Learn to snowboard/ski or telemark
- Paragliding with Verbier Summits
- Come to Verbier prior to the course starting
- Accommodation opportunities for the rest of the season
- Equipment deals with No. 1 Snowsports Shop
- Private Alpine, Freestyle and Race Coaching
- After the courses train for the next level – BASI 3 ISIA